7 Ways to Get Motivated at Work: I’m sure that you’ve been in a situation where you’re just not motivated at work, even though it’s time to really crank out the hours to hit your deadlines. According to a Forbes report, a survey finds that there is a spike in unproductive workers because they are motivated towards their work. The report reads:
The survey revealed that Millennials waste more time than older generations; only 40% of Millennials reported wasting less than an hour per day, compared to 46% of Generation X, and 68% of Baby Boomers.
If this sounds like you, don’t panic! You can get motivated without even realizing it sometimes, but there are also some great ways to jump-start that motivation before it hits you. Here are 7 ways to get motivated at work so that you can hit your goals and have fun while doing it!
Make an effort
At the end of the day, work is a job. And every job is difficult on some level or another. The trick is finding ways to get motivated for that task–whether it’s a large project or a mundane chore. Read on for 7 tips on how you can get started in your daily tasks with a positive attitude and happy outlook!
- Set SMART Goals–S.M.A.R.T goals are clear and measurable and allow you to monitor your progress as you go along your journey of getting motivation for the work-no matter what your goal is!
- Make it a Challenge–Just because you’re motivated doesn’t mean that you don’t need to take on any extra challenges. After all, no one’s perfect! And just like with anything else, if you don’t challenge yourself once in a while, it’s all too easy for your motivation to get stagnant. So, go ahead and try new things on your job and set goals that are slightly beyond what you think is possible!
Set goals, even if it’s just for today
It’s often easy to lose motivation for work performance, especially if you don’t have any specific goals. Use these tips to get yourself motivated and on the path to working hard!
- Remember the goal. Remind yourself of what you hope for in your future by seeing it in the present.
- Reward yourself. Give yourself rewards for completing tasks or a project, like treating yourself with your favorite ice cream or getting a relaxing massage.
- Procrastinate mindfully. Consciously take your time when trying to complete a task or when approaching a goal, so that you can approach it mindfully rather than stressed out because you are trying to finish quickly
- Spend time doing something fun.
Find your motivation
To stay motivated and productive, it’s important to identify what makes you happy and brings you joy. Know yourself well enough that you understand your own personal motivations, and remember the feeling of satisfaction they bring so that those moments can sustain you when it feels like motivation is hard to find. Here are some tips for how to motivate yourself to work hard on a tough day.
Set achievable goals. It’s important not only to know what will make you happy in the future but also what actions will get you there. Look over your goals for this week or month and make sure they’re achievable enough for you where any small step will make a difference.
One of the best ways to motivate yourself to work hard is by getting rid of all distractions in your environment. Whether it’s a personal distraction, such as your phone or TV, or a communal distraction, such as a co-worker who constantly pops up at your desk, cutting these distractions out of your life will make you more productive.
To overcome distractions, you need to identify what your biggest distractions are and then develop a plan for eliminating them. For example, if you tend to check your phone every time it buzzes, turn off notifications on all your apps.
Don’t Focus on Things You Can Not Control
Find out what motivates you and do it. Remember that not every day will be great, and not every meeting or phone call will go as planned, but if you know your work is the best it can be then that’s all that matters.
The only thing that really matters is the quality of your work, so keep your eyes on the prize! We’re going to dive into motivation for work performance in this post, but first, let’s discuss how to motivate yourself to work hard because that is probably one of the most difficult things for anyone who has had a tough week.
Especially when you have deadlines looming overhead and don’t want to do anything productive. For starters, it’s important not to focus on things you can’t control.
Talk yourself up
Starting your day with a positive mindset will set you up for success. In our list of 7 ways to get motivated at work, talking with your inner self is also very important.
Make a list of things that make you happy. Before checking emails or diving into your calendar for the day, take a few minutes and make a list of all the things that make you happy and that always put you in an upbeat mood.
It can be anything from going out with friends or family members on the weekend, reading, or making breakfast on Sunday mornings. Reviewing this list first thing in the morning will remind you of all the important people in your life and what it is that makes you feel good – the perfect way to start off your day!
Keep track of your progress
- Invest time in your work.
- Set short-term and long-term goals.
- Celebrate your accomplishments by reflecting on them or by celebrating with friends.
- Take the time to assess the successes and failures that happen on a day-to-day basis.
- Engage in positive interactions with coworkers and clients (this means trying new things, meeting people outside of your comfort zone, being receptive).
- Spend some time outside every day (keeps you energized and feeling accomplished).
- Pay attention to what you’re eating and how it affects your moods.
Motivation for work doesn’t come from outside. Everyone in this world wants to walk away from work that burdens them mentally or physically. It is your inner self that has to be motivated to do any task. Talking with yourself can help you a lot.
For example, ask yourself what will I gain if this work is not done today. Is it beneficial for me to delay the for tomorrow? Is there any harm to start and get the work done today?
Set goals and challenge yourself to get them done in a possible time. Procrastination and delaying your work will give you a short-timed joy, but at the end of the day, when you to go bed to sleep, your inner self will ask you, what you achieved today.
Wants to become more productive at your work, read some tips here.